Our Mission, Values and Vision
“When my dad died, I was angry and confused and empty – all at the same time.
Ele’s Place is helping me to open up."
-Joe, age 16
Ele’s Place is a nonprofit, community based organization dedicated to creating awareness of and support for grieving children, teens, and their families.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Every grieving child in Michigan will have access to compassionate support.
- Respect: Valuing compassion and confidentiality in all we do for grieving children and their families.
- Excellence: Achieving the highest quality, most effective programming and organizational administration.
- Inclusivity: Striving to provide access to our programming for all who seek it.
- Passion: Holding an intense commitment to the work we do.
- Stewardship: Accepting responsibility as caretakers of our organization as a community asset.
For 20 years, Ele’s Place has been considered by its peers to be a leader in the children’s bereavement field, providing top quality programs proven to be highly effective for hundreds of grieving children each week. Our program evaluation system consistently shows reductions in 15 negative behaviors by children attending our on-site program. Ele’s Place provides workshops at the National Alliance for Grieving Children annual symposium, and Ele’s Place regularly receives requests for assistance from organizations and individuals from communities throughout Michigan and the United States, many calling us for help in developing and improving their own children's grief centers.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CONFIDENTIALTY
Staff and volunteers are frequently the observer and recipient of confidential information concerning the participants and donors of Ele’s Place. Confidentiality is based upon the right of privacy; it is the ethical obligation of the volunteer and staff, and is necessary to create effective trust. Board members, staff and volunteers are required to ensure confidentiality and privacy with regard to history, records, and discussions about participants and donors.