Support Group Program Helpers
Availability of Program Helper positions may vary between branches and time of year.
Program helpers must be able to commit to volunteering one evening per week for six-nine months. Please apply HERE.
These volunteers assist Ele’s Place staff and the support group facilitators by:
- Greeting families as they arrive at Ele’s Place for their group sessions
- Assisting with monitoring the children’s Activity Rooms
- Helping in the Ele’s Place Library
- Helping with various set-up and clean-up duties
Requirements for becoming a Support Group Program Helper:
- Must be at least 18 years of age (Some exceptions are considered)
- Must undergo an extensive interview process
- Completion of a three-hour training program is required. This training is offered generally twice per year.
- Must be able to commit to working one evening (two hours) per week for a minimum of six to nine months after training and placement.
- After training, program helpers serve as subs on an as-needed basis, until a permanent weekly position becomes available.
We will consider each applicant on a case-by-case basis, and reserve the right to select individuals based on the best fit for the organization.